my hotmail account
kim johnson
2010-05-21 11:59:01 UTC
Will you please help me close my account? Thank you
Dave
2010-05-21 12:51:20 UTC
No one here can help you with that.
Questions regarding Hotmail accounts and operation can be asked
at http://windowslivehelp.com/
--
Dave N.
MS-MVP (Mail)
...winston
2010-05-22 20:19:33 UTC
All support for Windows Live Hotmail and related Live Services(account, Live ID, etc) is handled by the Windows Live Solution
Center
Windows Live Solution Center FAQs
http://windowslivehelp.com/solution.aspx?solutionid=e2b2292c-2f10-4c7e-8785-e1d898ece45d

1.Windows Live Hotmail Support
Windows Live Solution Center for Hotmail
http://windowslivehelp.com/product.aspx?productid=1
Windows Live Hotmail Forums
http://windowslivehelp.com/forums.aspx?productid=1
Windows Live Hotmail Solutions
http://windowslivehelp.com/solutions.aspx?productid=1

2. Windows Live ID Support
Windows Live Solution Center for Windows Live ID
Windows Live ID Portal Home Page
http://windowslivehelp.com/product.aspx?productid=10
Windows Live ID Forums
http://windowslivehelp.com/forums.aspx?productid=10
Windows Live ID Solutions
http://windowslivehelp.com/solutions.aspx?productid=10

For 1 and/or 2...
If a solution is not available in the Forums/Solutions area then click 'Ask A Question'
- requires sign on with your Windows Live ID, registration, and creation of a username
- Live ID username is **Not** visible to the public

3. Reset Password
https://account.live.com/ResetPassword.aspx?

4. Close A Hotmail account
http://mail.live.com/mail/CloseAccountConfirmation.aspx
- login with the username/pw, then click close
<qp>
To deactivate your Windows Live Hotmail account, click Close account.
All stored messages are permanently deleted and incoming e-mail is refused.
Your e-mail address is reserved for 270 days after closing your account.
After that time, it may become available for other people to use.
To reactivate your account once you have closed it, sign in within 270 days.
</qp>

Additional info with comments
http://windowslivehelp.com/solution.aspx?solutionid=d18cf147-9867-49de-a60c-aae81982a54e

5. Cancel a Live ID
https://account.live.com/CloseAccount.aspx

Note:
- if pursuing 4 and 5, 4 must be done before 5 or the process will fail.
- if pursuing 4 and 5 for a Hotmail Plus account, read step 7 in entirety.

6. Signup
https://signup.live.com/signup.aspx?rollrs=12&lic=1
--
...winston
ms-mvp mail
hangzhou
2010-09-06 01:26:58 UTC
I really appreciate what you post.
Post by ...winston
[...]
Auto-Generate Code for LINQ to SQL Repository Pattern using T4
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/a7ee34d2-c297-4ec8-a933-69254242b21b/autogenerate-code-for-linq-to-sql-repository-pattern-using-t4.aspx